18.3.08

IZEA Wins On Page Rank Power

It is impossible to talk about the social networking tools and how they have changed the net without introducing the newest, and possibly 'biggest' shake up in the SEO world. IZEA real-rank.

I blogged a couple weeks ago about how IZEA works. Most bloggers who are familiar with PayPerPost are already registered with IZEA even if they don't know it. The IZEA tag was in that short line of HTML you added to your template.

We have enough respect and faith in this new tool to restructure the The blog rank system, that we've added it to our main blogs at inspiredauthor, authorsconnection, and communati. These sites routinely receive more than 10m hits a year. Take IA for example. It has more than 15 000 inbound links, all of them organic, yet it has a PR4. We did have a PR5+ - but we cancel our PPC ad campaign. After that Google changed the rules, again, and now they only recognize 385 of our in-bound links. It is frustrating to be mislead.

IZEARanks ranks blogs in the blogosphere via site statistics, not an extrapolation of estimates.

IZEA PUT TO THE TEST

I thought I would test IZEA this weekend. I chose a blog healthafter40.com that was part of my traffic campaign in February. I paid for 10 000 views.

The blog's click through rate averaged 30%. I was impressed. Google only saw 5% of that 30%. That means, none of the other clicks were counted, or used to calculate my Google rank.

I went to IZEA's home page and used their 'test' tool. (You can do this test too - in the left column of my blog is a link to my blog stats.)

Testing the Page Views


I typed in the blog URL. I compared the page view graph from both IZEA and my stat company - they were dead on!

Testing the Traffic

I then went to the graph that gave me my 'rank.' The graph's chart mirrored my blog stat's overall visitors for the month. If I printed out both, they would have overlapped each other perfectly.

Daily Stats

The monthly stats were right on. However, the daily stats were about 8% out. This could be accounted by the fact that 8% of my visitors hit the site and left within a few seconds, the accuracy is still a vast improvement over Google's counting system.

How IZEA Works

The IZEA system weights blogs 70% on daily unique visitors, 20% by daily active inbound links and 10% by daily page views as reported by ITK. In my opinion, the only improvement would be to give 'repeat' visitors a part in their algorithm. In my opinion - IZEA will make Google's Page Rank, Alexa, and Comscore obsolete.

How to Get Started

It is easy to get started. You do not need to belong to PPP. All you need to do is sign up for an account and enter the single line of code in your website. IZEA will do the rest.






No comments: