11.3.08

What is Business Insurance?

Are you in business? If you are trying to generate income, then the answer is yes.

Your business equipment will not be covered if you don't let your home and car insurance company know that you are operating a business. This is important when asking for an auto insurance quote,
even if the business is a hobby as most policies require a rider to cover business equipment.

Travelling to a writer's workshop, conference, or just a book signing can mean that your laptop, will not be covered if damaged or stolen. I was hit this way once. I didn't realize that my laptop was considered business because I was using it to write books - and writing is a business.

I lost quite a bit of equipment when my car was stolen. The insurance company covered all but what the insurance company called 'for business use.'

No comments: