14.5.08

My First Take on SocialSpark

I’ve been watching social spark for about 2 months. I was not one of the ‘selected’ for the beta release, but I’ve been moving around the web looking for information. I jumped the gun and enrolled in SocialSpark as soon as it opened last week. I’ve read the blogs. I’ve chatted with other bloggers. I’ve explored the site. Now I have some advice to pass one.

What is SocialSpark?

SocialSpark is PayPerPost’s new ad campaign. The platform is one of the most powerful I’ve seen in the Paid Post arena. It lets the advertisers and posters view each other’s profiles. This includes RealRank, and Alexa. No one was surprised to see that Google’s PageRank is brutally absent.

There is a PPP code in the blog, so Google will be able to identify the blog. Will this effect traffic? I don’t think so. Most blogs are established on the Social Network. I find that Google brings less than 20% of my blog. Of course, this means that you’ll take a hit on Google income, so if you make more from Google than you’ll make from Paid Posts then you might want to rethink SocialSpark.

I was pleased to learn that the ominous banner that floats over the blog is nothing like our first images. It is a fairly nice banner that visitors can click through. Once gone, it is gone for that visitor’s entire visit. This box is OPTONAL. The blogger does not need to subscribe for the Sponsorship.

SocialSpark and Social Networking

SocialSpark blends the best of both worlds, SEO and Social Networking. Bloggers can make comments about advertisers, and vice verse. There is a friends list and social voting – UP or Down. This is similar, but broader than the system used at PayPerPost.

So far, I’ve seen this work as nothing more than a big popularity contest ‘you vote for me, I’ll vote for you.’ I am not sure how much weight IZEA or advertisers will put on this ranking.








Learn more about blogging and making money online at the wealthy-writer website. Find Resources, Reviews, and News

No comments: