29.1.08

Cheap Domains

We are always looking for cheap domains. But beware. Last year I signed up for a domain through my web-host. It only cost me $5.00. This year I received a renewal bill at $40 a year. That is outrageous.

Now I am more careful when arranging domain name registration. I look for a reputable company instead of a sales' pitch. It all depends where you live. Each country has 'pay less' domain registration.

The important thing is to shop around. The question is, for high SEO, should you get domains in different areas? .com, .au, .co.uk, .ca ? The answer is yes. This lets you submit to more search engiens, and increase exposure, hits, Page Rank. The main parked domains can be the foreign ones - with the main domain supporting the business.

Alternative, parked domains, also gives you the opportunity to incorporate more keywords into your domain, increasing traffic from search engines. I've seen one parked domain bring in 10 000 new visitors, not bad for $9.00 a year.

No comments: