29.1.08

Ethical Blogging

I know that I've beaten this topic to death, but I really don't understand why everyone is still enamoured with Google. I remember when I made my living from Google, but slowly my page rank climbs on dominant sites will millions of hits - and my income dwindles.

We have always tolerated Google ads beside, in, around - and now on our screens. Why do we have such a problem with paid blogging? We didn't complain when advertisers started hijacking our blog posts and putting little green links in the content - even though we get only a fraction of the income.

I have one post which has an above average click through rate on a CPC worth $250. However, I have never made more than $3.00 on that click - despite having a PR4...which Google promises me should earn at least 20%. So - why are we afraid of PO'ng Google?



"Ethical Paid Per Post Blogging"

Comment: Talina said...

I am having a hard time accepting that the passing of page rank through paid links is ethical... What do you think?

This is a huge deal to me as many of my visitors find me via Google search and Google is wiping out the page rank for bloggers who post paid links and do not include nofollow (which designates to Google that the link was paid for).

Do you know of any companies that pay you to blog and also allow you to use nofollow as Google states you must?



REPLY” Gracepub said:

I do a lot of Internet marketing. I have more than 10 000 links to one of my sites.

I've heard that Google is wiping out links for blogs with paid posts - so. (google has always been a gossip mill. I haven't really seen a difference) I get far more hits from my inbound links and social networking than I ever get from Google. The ratio is close to 10:2

Also if I may highlight a finer point of Internet marketing? Google also pays me for the right to put THEIR links on my blog. What is the difference?

The thing that is more ethical about paid posting over Google is that I pick and choose what posts appear on my blog with paid posts. However, Google does not give me the right to limit advertisers - so I have no right to refuse an advertiser who earns their income by unethical means.

Will it bother me if Google refuses my Adsense account? No. I make almost no money from Google because they have become so greedy. At one time, I would have happily catered to them alone. But now, I have CPCs worth over $250 and Google pays me $.45 on a PR4 site! Why should I give up an income generating venue that pays me more than $4000 a year for $.45?

Also, one aspect of Internet marketing that most people forget ... Google is the one the created the paid post system by teaching Internet marketers to write a ‘keyword heavy’ article and then told the bloggers to put their ad IN the post at the bottom.

Last, Google created the link-back ranking system. They are not interested in hits, visitors, new content, members on feeds, or anything that gives me an advantage over people with a million dollars to invest in Internet Marketing.

No comments: