18.2.08

Review: Home Decorating

I post reviews around the net, and normally don't post them here. However, I find that many people 'hear' what I say, but cannot translate it. When I say write reviews, I do not mean you should run out and buy a few dozen books on 'review writing' and spend three weeks learning how to write the fundamentally perfect review. I mean 'write a review.'

We are gutting and building our house. Within a few months we will be at the 'building a kitchen' stage, so after watching a few commercials I went to the directbuy website. Now, I would have been okay with the idea that this is a buyer's club, especially if they told me the sign up price.

What I didn't like was the fact that I was asked to fill out a form, and told where the nearest store was - without any pre-sell information. I don't know how they work, if they have delivery, if there is any installment services, if this is a liquidation store, if I can get the Armstrong ceiling that I want. I don't know anything, except that i need a coupon to be given a guest entrance into the store.

I can say that they have products at 43% less, but it doesn't say 'less than who.'

I would like to write a better review, but I cannot, because they are a secret buying club that keeps all their information 'for members only.'

No comments: