11.2.08

Write What You Know - My Dogs


I was delighted when a sponsor offered to give me the opportunity to write a story about my dogs. I love dogs, something that isn't news to my friends. I've had all sorts of dogs, an Alaskan Malamute, lab, shelties, and lots of Chinese Crested dogs. I love my CCs. They are a small hairless dog with more personality than most people I know.

The picture is of one of our puppies, Odie. We also call him pal. It doesn't really matter because he is just so happy and bouncy - just talk in a happy voice and he comes running. But he hates the snow. He is only a few months old, and we've only had him outside once. He fought and screamed to climbed into my daughter's arms.

It is fun to see Odie play with his mother, who is about 3" smaller, but she is the boss. She rules the roost. She even gives my teenage son the 'eye' when he doesn't approve of what he is doing.... especially when he turns the music up loud.

It is fun to take them to the beach in the summer. They cannot wear a regular dog collars. Their collars are wide and soft. I have an embroidered one for Thumbelina, the mother.

Thumbelina doesn't like to swim, but she likes to walk around the beach checking out everyone else. Of course, a small dog with no hair except on her feet, head, and tail is always welcome...almost. One day we met a shizu who was not at all impressed.

There was a time when we showed them, but it became too time consuming. Now we just enjoy living with our three, Prince, Thumbelina, and Odie. They are keeping my feet warm under the desk as I write this. Thumbelina - of course - has the prime spot right by the space heater.




I thank barkslope.com for offering to sponsor a post about my dogs. I love it when I have a chance to write about something 'fun'

No comments: