13.4.08

Disrupted Sleep Causes Anxiety

I was stunned to learn that disturbed sleep, waking at night for a few minutes at a time, waking up to roll over, and waking feeling sore can cause some of the most common anxiety disorders. In fact, my husband suffers from post traumatic stress disorder. His doctor gave him sleeping pills to help him cope.

Within a few days of taking the medication and getting the first good night's sleep in years, he started to relax.

I want a new mattress so he can sleep better. I've also wondered how my productivity can improve if I sleep better. I've talked about this to a few of my friends. Most of us are suffering from various stages of RSI, or the effects of stress.

Most of my friends know they need something, but cannot afford a new mattress. I felt the same, until I learned that I can buy a mattress topper for as little as $120. I prefer the memory foam styles over the fiber. I'm going to take a closer look. It is well worth the money if I get a better night's sleep.

No comments: