19.4.08

Internet Explorer and AVG 8.0

I've been telling bloggers to use FireFox for a long time. But, I aways keep a copy of IE open to experiment on. I was just running my new version of AVG 8.0. You wouldn't believe the number of mining scripts it was 'locked out' of.

I love the new feature on AVG 8.0 that lets me see all the files, whether the file is locked, and what type of file it is. It tells me what files have macros in it, and which ones are collecting data. No wonder my computer is up to 149 gig of hard drive space used. I am going to delete IE and its applications and reinstall and then see how much room I have cleaned up.

2 comments:

Berni said...

I had been running AVG for some time and liked it but when I took my previous computer in to at store to have files transfered to my new computer they found quite a few viruses that AVG had not caught. Not that they had done any damage to my computer. However I decided to go with Kasperky although not a free one in the hope it would do slightly better.
I also run several browsers IE7, Firefox 2, Opera 9 and Flock which is my favoured browser right now, and I have had no problems with my virus checker.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm curious. Were you using the free version of AVG?